Endless negative news about our failing environment can have a bad effect on our psyche to such an extent that we cannot be bothered to do anything. EcoFrenzy understand that thought, but we believe that every action, no matter how large or small, has a positive effect and if we all adopt this thought process then together we can make a big difference.
Some actions are free, some cost money, it’s up to you and your circumstances to determine what you do.
Here are a few ideas to start you on your way, or if you are already involved, add your portfolio of actions.
- Dedicate a Tree
- Adopt an animal through:
Whale & Dolphin Conservation (WDC)
Marine Conservation Society
- Go on a beach cleaning day with Beachwatch.
- Join an environmental group which specialises in things you love – for a range of organisations.
- Help birds in your garden with the RSPB.
- Buy an acre of rainforest through the Woodland Trust.
- Take an ecotourism holiday.
- Plant insect friendly flowers in your garden with help from The Bee Cause.
- Do NOT buy curios such as coral, shells, dried seahorses, etc.
- Become an eco activist with Sea Shepherd or Greenpeace.
- Reduce your use of plastics. Find out more at Marine Conservation Society or Plastic Soup Foundation,
- Avoid exotic pets, anything from a snake to a monkey. See why at Wildlife Conservation Network or Born Free.