Check your household finances
January is always a good time to check your household finances to see if you can make some savings.
- Are you on the best tariff with your utility suppliers? Check with comparison websites to see if there are better deals. Some people save £00’s per year by switching.
- Keep a close eye on your bank account, a slip into the red can cost you a lot in unwanted charges and interest.
- Check your insurance policies, including car insurance, buildings insurance and home contents insurance. If you have stuck with the same supplier for many years you may be paying way over the odds. Again, check with comparison websites to see if you can get a better deal.
- Food shopping can be a minefield, always check the cost per kg, per sheet, per 100ml etc, especially on special ‘deals’, the overall price per item can be very misleading.
- Contact your local council to see if you are on the correct council tax property band, if not you may be owed £000’s in refunds
- Compare fuel costs for your car, there are savings to be made depending on which petrol station you visit.
- If you have pay to view TV, challenge your supplier for a better deal.
- There are some great savings to be made using voucher websites.
- You can make some great savings on your phone tariff, shop around before committing!
- Take a good look through the EcoFrenzy website for all kinds of savings.
A few ideas to boost your income…